Top Rated Ethereum Roulette Sites
- CryptoCasinos Certified
- Instant transfers & near zero fees through BTC lightning
- Play like Drake on Stake Originals!
- 2500+ Mobile Games
- 24/7 live & VIP support
- Fine-tuned platform
- Extensive VIP program
- CryptoCasinos Certified
- Solid selection of software providers
- Crypto focused platform
- Massive welcome bonus
- Leading Crypto Casino and Sportsbook
18 + | New Players Only - T&C Apply
- Multi-award winning casino
- Modern interface & layout
18+ | New Player Only - T&C Apply
18+ | New Player Only. - T&C Apply
- CryptoCasinos Certified
- 15% Cashback
- Instant deposits and withdrawals
- Support open 24/7
- Quick withdrawals
- CryptoCasinos Certified
- Solid welcome bonus
- 4000+ casino games
Ethereum Roulette: What is it?
Ethereum roulette is simply a game of roulette that is played using the Ethereum cryptocurrency and operates on the ETH blockchain. This is not just the second biggest and most popular currency in the world, but it is also completely secure, legit, and fully decentralized. It works on a smart contract functionality which makes it smooth, seamless, and efficient – both quicker and cheaper than its predecessor, Bitcoin.
It is essential that in Ethereum Roulette, the whole infrastructure and payment system of the game runs on the Ethereum blockchain – this is what gives it the numerous advantages that you won’t find in traditional online casino roulette games.
How Ethereum Roulette Works
If you are a regular casino player, you will already be familiar with the rules of roulette – and this plays out in a very similar manner. However, because it runs on the ETH blockchain, the technology works slightly differently.
- You need to play the game using Ethereum. This means that there aren’t any geographical restrictions, and you can play from anywhere in the world. It also means that you can play the game completely anonymously.
- The game’s RNG software decides in which slot on the roulette wheel the ball will land. Because it is played on the blockchain, it offers the benefits of crypto gambling – so all the games are provably fair. This means you can check the result for yourself.
- If you manage to win, then the payments are made immediately via the ETH smart contract feature. Unlike standard online casinos, you won’t need to verify your ID before withdrawing your money.
- Because withdrawals are made via crypto, they are very quick. Although deposits might take a few moments (unlike immediate fiat currency deposits), withdrawals are often processed and completed in under an hour because of the strictest security of a blockchain network. Fiat currencies can take days.
So, the game is just like ordinary roulette – but with lots of advantages.
The Rules And Odds of Ethereum Roulette
Just like traditional roulette, there are 37 slots (pockets) on the roulette wheel (38 in American Roulette). Players can bet on one outcome or more than one, although each outcome will pay out separately and the chance of winning depends on what bet you have made:
- If you make an inside bet – i.e. bet on single numbers or small groups of numbers (2, 3 or 4 etc), then these bets pay out reasonably well, but the probability of winning is lower. A bet on a single number pays out 35 to 1. The odds of hitting a single number is 2.70% on a European roulette table and 2.60% on an American roulette table.
- If you bet on outside bets such as reds or black, odds or evens, high or low, then you have a much greater chance of winning, but the payouts are usually 1:1.
You can make your bet anytime before the croupier puts the ball onto the wheel.
If the ball lands on a number that your bet covers, then you will be able to claim a payout as per the bet type and the paytable. The amount you win will depend on how much you have bet and the odds attached to your wager.
If the ball lands on a number that isn’t covered by your bet, then you lose your stake and you can try again.
Ethereum roulette is a form of ETH gambling that’s fully automated and is played on a 2-Dimensional interface. Unlike real live dealer games, this is available 24/7 and you can play at your own convenience.
Odds and payouts for European and American roulette
|Roulette bet type||Example roulette bet||Payout||European odds||American odds|
|Column||Any number in the third column||2:1||32.40%||31.6%|
|Dozen||13 to 24||2:1||32.40%||31.6%|
|Even bets||Black over red||1:1||48.60%||47.4%|
|Two numbers||19 and 35||17:1||5.4%||5.3%|
|Three numbers||19, 21 or 34||11:1||8.1%||7.9%|
|Four numbers||4, 5, 6 or 8||8:1||10.8%||10.5%|
|Five numbers||0, 00, 1, 2, or 3||6:1||13.5%||13.2%|
|Six numbers||4 to 9||5:1||16.2%||15.8%|
The Different Variations of Ethereum Roulette
As is the case with traditional roulette, there are several variations of ETH roulette.
European Roulette is played on a 37-pocket wheel. Numbers 1 to 36 are coloured red and black and the 0 pocket is coloured green. Your job is to try and predict what number you think the ball will land on.
You place your bet on that number (or a bet which includes that number) and the dealer will then spin the wheel in one direction with the ball rolling in the opposite direction. As soon as the ball falls into a numbered pocket, the payout will be made.
Unlike European Roulette, American Roulette has a 00 pocket as well as a 0 pocket – both coloured green. There are also numbers 1 to 36 coloured red and black.
The objective is the same as with ETH European Roulette, but because of the extra 00 pocket, there is a slightly lower chance of winning – as there is a higher house edge and 38 possible outcomes rather than 37.
French Roulette works in a very similar way to European roulette – there are 37 pockets and only one 0 pocket. However, the biggest difference is the La Partage rule. This means that if you place a bet on an ‘evens’ bet such as red/black, and the ball lands on the 0 pocket, then you get half your stake returned.
Although the rules of most versions of Ethereum are very similar, the main difference is the house edge based on the number of 0 pockets and the La Partage rule.
- European Roulette has a single 0 only with a house edge of around 2.7%
- French Roulette has a single 0 only but because of the La Partage rule has a house edge of around 1.35%
- American Roulette has a single 0 and a 00 pocket, which gives it the highest house edge of all – 5.26%
Ethereum Roulette v Regular Roulette
Let’s compare the two types of roulette:
This casino game is a classic game of chance, which is found in land-based and online casinos around the world.
There are two main ways to play the game – virtual roulette, where the outcome is determined by a Random Number Generator. This algorithm decides where the ball lands on the wheel.
Then there is Live Casino Roulette. This is played like a real land-based game. A real dealer spins an actual wheel with a real ball and where the ball lands is just a matter of chance.
On both versions, you need to place your bet before the ball hits the wheel.
Because this is played over the blockchain, there is no way to play the live dealer version. This is played using blockchain technology using a specified algorithm. The main difference is that this game uses the provably fair system, which means that you don’t need to depend on trusting the RNG as you can test the results yourself.
Because you don’t have to enter bank details or enter your personal information, you don’t need to impart any personal details to play – unlike in traditional casinos. You can also get your payouts straight away.
How to Win at ETH Roulette
Here are our top tips to start winning at ETH roulette:
- We recommend you see whether you can play for free or use bonus money to play first of all so that you can get an understanding of the game and practice any strategies.
- Avoid playing the American version of the game because it has the highest house edge with the 00. French and European Roulette give you a better chance of winning.
- Make sure you only play at a reputable ETH casino – such as the ones we recommend. You should be able to see clearly the game’s payouts and RTPs. A good Ethereum Roulette site should be completely transparent.
- Understand the game before you play. You need to know the different game types, the different types of bets, the house edges, and the chances of winning.
- Stick to a budget. You should never play with any money you aren’t prepared to lose. Set your budget and make sure you stick to it… and never chase your losses! You should avoid unhealthy gambling habits that could lead to addiction.
How to Play Roulette at an Ethereum Casino
If you think you’re ready to go, simply choose your preferred ETH roulette site, make a deposit, and follow these steps:
Buy Your Chips
To play at a roulette table, you need to purchase chips to put on the table. The default value of the chips is usually equal to the minimum bet at that gaming table.
Choose Your Roulette Game
There are a variety of roulette games available. Look through the game rules of each and choose your game accordingly. Avoid American Roulette as this has a higher house edge. We recommend you play variations of French or European roulette. Some of the best ETH roulette variations include Auto Roulette, Double Ball Roulette, and Golden Chip Roulette. Roulette players may also enjoy other ETH table games like Baccarat played with Ethereum or ETH blackjack tables.
Place Your Bets
You then simply click on the type of bet you wish to make on the virtual roulette table and the value of chips you wish to bet. Make sure you do this before the wheel spins.
You then wait to see if your luck is in.
Is Playing Ethereum Roulette Safe and Legit?
Absolutely, if you are playing at a safe and legit Ethereum Roulette casino. The game is only as safe as the casino in which it is found. In addition, you need to make sure you are gambling legally otherwise there are no protections.
However, with all the above being true, Ethereum is safe, secure, and completely transparent. It offers complete anonymity, with no need to enter any personal or financial details online – and fast withdrawals. As such, this is one of the safest ways to play.
Different Types of Ethereum Roulette Bonuses
Here are the main types of bonuses you will find at the best Ethereum Roulette sites that you can use to play the games:
No Deposit Bonus
This is the best type of bonus as the Ethereum Roulette site will give you free money to play with. However, if you do win, there may be a win cap and wagering requirements you need to complete before withdrawing.
Most Ethereum Roulette sites will reward players for registering a new account and making a first deposit. For example, it might be 100% up to 10 ETH… in this case, the casino will match your first deposit up to a maximum of 10 ETH. You can use this bonus money to play roulette. However, there will be T&Cs such as wagering requirements to complete. This can be given as a welcome bonus or an existing player bonus.
Ethereum Roulette Conclusion
Roulette is a brilliant game that has captured the imagination of gamblers for years. It is simple, but it allows you to make your bets as risky – or not – as you like. The advent of Ethereum Roulette has taken it that step further.
By playing with ETH, not only do you get the convenience of playing online, but you can play completely anonymously, enjoy completely safe, secure, and transparent transactions and you can get your winnings quicker than ever before. Simply check out our top recommended Ethereum Roulette casino sites, claim your bonus and have a safe, legit, and fun experience!
Where Can I Play Ethereum Roulette Online?
Check out our list of top Ethereum Roulette sites and you can find the safest and best places to play roulette online with your Ethereum. Simply open up the reviews and read up on what different games they have, the different types of games, their customer service, and their user experience from start to finish. As soon as you have chosen the best site, click on the link, make your deposit, and start playing!
How Do I Choose the Best Ethereum Roulette Site?
The best ETH roulette sites demons on where you are located and what you are looking for personally. Here are the main things to consider when choosing your preferred site:
- Does it accept players from your region?
- What types of games does it offer? Are there lots of roulette games plus other Ethereum casino games?
- The bonuses: Are there plenty of bonuses for new and existing players? How generous are the bonuses and do they come with fair terms and conditions?
- Do they offer fast payment processing?
- Is it an anonymous casino that is end-to-end crypto?
- Do they offer round-the-clock customer support via several mediums?
Once you have established this, you will be able to choose the best ETH roulette site for you.
Who's Behind CryptoCasinos?
Oskar, our esteemed crypto enthusiast turned writer, has been weaving his love for casinos into captivating content since 2018. His deep-rooted knowledge and unique perspective have made him a trusted authority on crypto casino reviews among our readership.
Last updated 30 November, 2023
- Instant transfers & near zero fees through BTC lightning
Betplay.io is a crypto casino site that launched earlier this year and is one of the few casinos to offer full support for BTC lightning. Simply put, BTC lightning means that this casino offers instant transfers and near-zero transaction fees.